Sonntag, 3. Mai 2009

Interview mit David Belle "Le monde est un terrain de jeux"

Link zum Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWneBIz6ATg

Update! Jetzt gibts auch englische Untertitel für das Video. Einfach unten rechts im Videofenster aktivieren.

englische (unvollständige) Übersetzung:

Quote:
"Hello, I'm David Belle, actor, choreographer and also behing the Parkour movement.

Parkour is a real training method to face obstacles. It's to be strong to be useful.
The goal really is to train thinking "what can I do with it"?
In real Parkour, there's no flip. The goal is to keep it simple, efficient and to train movements in which you trust [not sure about that, he's basicly saying safe movements].

When you're learning parkour, everything in front of you is a training oportunity.
When you start, during the first two or three years, you never stop. Day and night. Everytime you see something you'll get interested in climbing it, because you know that's when you're building your training.
Then, with time, when you've pretty much done everything there was to do, you calm down and see what's left.
At that point, it's really [I can't hear the word], it happends that I don't train at all for three weeks or one month, two months and then for one week I'll train day and night.

Movements are simple. Cat pass, arm jump, precison jumps, saut de fond [jumping off stuff], I'd say if you really wanted to know all the different techniques.
But Parkour is a mix of them all.
You should train sauts de fonds to train your thighs.
Precision jumps to help focus and be able to land on a small rail. Focusing is really important.
Then, running to build stamina
Parkour is a mix of them all.

Doing Parkour is pretty much forgetting those paths soecity traced for us and making our own.
Even though people say "Don't go there, you'll get hurt", we're adults, we know what's dangerous.
Take a little kid, tell him not to do something, he'll do it. But put him infront of a big gap: he's not stupid, he won't jump. :)
When I'm ontop of a building, it's just like is I was ontop of a mountain. I don't look at the mountain, I look at the sky and I'm confortable with that height.
I could be on roof or on a big rock: it's the same for me. It's a quest for height, for freedom, to take paths noone esle takes, were nobody else has been: that quest is what makes Parkour interesting.

The wrong way of doing Parkour is to impress, it's not a sport [he did say sport :)] where you jump off things and show people you get hurt and you don't care. No.
The goal is to end up in good health, to respect your body, respect others.

[Now we're at 3:06 and I think you should at least watch that scene where yousee David Belle training firemen.]

My brother is a fireman, my father was a fireman too and my grandfather was a fireman for 32 years. So, it's in our family.
It's a bit for them too. My father went to Vietnam, then went with the firemen and thought me this art. I made it into something more definite: Parkour.
The goal is to become more and more confident and for that, Parkour is only a complement.

My advice to young traceurs would be: it's normal that when you're 15-16 you want to be someone. But when you're training Parkour with passion, if you're good, people will notice you.
Don't go arround saying: Hey look at this new move I just got. No. We used to say: if it's good, we'll tell you. Do it for you first.
If people like it or not, who cares? As long as you feel good doing it. Now if with that spirit people notice you then good for you. But you should do it for yourself.

Thank you."

Meine Meinung: Sie sind große Klasse Mr. Belle! Also ich steh ja nicht auf dieses Götzentum rund um die "wahre Geschichte" hinter Parkour und diese Definitionsknauserigkeiten aber dieses Interview zeigt mal wieder, besser als jede lesbare Forumsverschwörung, was der eigentliche Sinn hinter der Disziplin ist.
Ich liebe ja den Part mit dem Training für die Feuerwehrmänner. Etwas, was man hierzulande auch mal einführen sollte^^
Sein advice für junge Traceure sollten wir uns jedenfalls alle zu Herzen nehmen.
Um da mal den gewagten Versuch zu machen, die Philosophie des Capoeiras, die "Malicia", auf Parkour anzuwenden: "Man ist sich selbst stehts der größte Feind und nur durch innere Harmonie besiegt man sein Ego..."


MTW

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen